• Best Comedy Series• Best Writing (Comedy)• Best Female Performance in a Comedy (Lisa Valentine Clark)• Best Supplemental Content – “Footloose Parody”
- Thank you for the performance. I enjoyed it very much and have heard wonderful feedback from the students and teachers!
- I would say approximately there were about 450 students who attended and they were mesmerized. They loved it and the play kept they attention the whole time. It was wonderful!!!
- Thanks so much. The assembly was wonderful… worth every penny!
- Thank you so much for coming. I know my class totally loved it and they loved the workshop. Your company was so cute with them.
- It was fabulous and we loved it!
The Public Speaking Program ended the year with an amazing showcase that highlighted seven speech finalist in persuasive and informative speaking: Ellen Huish, Aaron Butler, Hayden Carter, Christopher Bailey, Tanner Johnston, Sarah Nielsen, and Jeff Parry. Each finalist received a cash award generously sponsored by our program donors, Donald Sloan, LaVar Bateman, and Marie Clegg Jones. Awards were personally given to the speakers by our donor families at the end of the showcase. The donors’ families, finalists, semi-finalists, faculty, and special guests were able to meet and mingle at a wonderful dinner before the showcase. Our biannual showcase is held the last day of classes both fall and winner semesters; all are welcome to attend. The next showcase will be April 15 at 7 pm in the Pardoe Theatre. For more information about the showcase or speech program visit speechshowcase.wordpress.com.
Congratulations to George Nelson who has received a grant from the Laycock Center to produce Trailer Trash, a musical he is writing with commercial music student Jordan Kamalu. The play will be done as the MDT workshop production the week of March 26, 2014.