LDS Film Festival 2015 Winners can be found at dsfilmfestival.org/index.php?page=15_winners. BYU students and alums who won awards include:
- Third place in the Short Film Competition – Without a Rope, by Nick Dixon, who also received an audience choice award.
- Honorable Mention in Short Film Competition -White Earth, by Christian Jensen
- Third Place in the 24-Hour Filmmaking Marathon – Tooth Fairy: A New Hope, group led by Raven Alard
- Freetown, Director: Garrett Batty; Writer: Melissa Leilani Larson, Garrett Batty; Producer: Adam Abel, Garrett Batty
- The Cokeville Miracle: Director: T.C. Christensen, actors include Kym Mellon, Barta Heiner
- Austenland: Director: Jerusha Hess; Writer: Jerusha Hess; Associate Producer: Jared Hess
- Meet the Mormons: Director, Blair Treu (Many media arts alums on the crew)
- Glimpses Beyond Death’s Door: Writer, Director, Producer: Brandon Smith; Executive Producer: Ron Brough
- The Heart of the Matter: Director: Jessica Mockett; Producer: Jessica Mockett, Nathan D. Lee, Jordan Harker; Director of Photography: Travis Cline
- Untitled Girl’s Camp Movie: Writer, Director: Maclain Nelson; Producer: Jake Van Wagoner, Lisa Clark, Hailey Smith, Clare Niederpruem; Executive Producer: Maclain Nelson; Director of Photography: Joel Remke; Production Designer: Anne Black
- Mythica: Director: Anne Black; Writer: Anne Black, Jason Faller, Kynan Griffin; Producer: Jason Faller, Kynan Griffin; Director of Photography: A. Todd Smith
- Survivor: Writer, Director, Producer: John Lyde; Executive Producer: Jason Faller, Kynan Griffin
- Newsies: Director: Jeff Parkin; Producer: Jared Cardon, Jeff Parkin, Babetta Kelly; Director of Photography: Jacob Schwarz
- White Earth: Writer, Director, Producer: J. Christian Jensen; Director of Photography, Editor: J. Christian Jensen
- Without a Rope: Writer, Director: Nick Dixon; Producer: Willem Kampenhout; Executive Producer: Tom Russell, Courtney Russell, Tom Lefler; Director of Photography: Gary Groth; Production Designer: Gina Thompson; Original Score: Spencer Russell; Editor: Jonathan Ying.
- Christian Vuissa
- Jerusha Hess
- Garrett Batty
- Studio C
TMA graduate Stephan Nelson has just started an internship with documentary filmmaker, Lauren Greenfield, whom he met while she was a TMA guest last year. He will be in Venice, California for 3 months.
Last weekend, on Saturday, approximately eighteen theatre education students attended the Theatre in our Schools Conference, sponsored by AATE at UVU in Orem. AATE sponsors state conferences as well as an annual national conference. Three of our students’ proposals were accepted to the national conference in Milwaukee this August. Ashlyn Andersen, Nicole Young, and Beth Lowe will present in August at the national AATE. Three part time faculty presented, Teresa Love, Shawnda Moss, and Janine Sobeck. The theme of the conference was “Creative Response to Creative Work.” The keynote speaker was Susan Zeder, whose play, A Taste of Sunrise, directed by Julia Ashworth will be produced on the main stage next year. AATE conferences support pre-service and in-service teachers and give students experience with theatre in the schools, elementary through high school.
Tim Threlfall has recently been appointed to the University Faculty Award Committee. This appointment is typically three years. Tim will be representing the college on the award committee who will be deliberating about the recipients of up to 17 awards, including the Achievement in Teaching, Excellence in Teaching, and University Maeser Distinguished Faculty Lecturer Awards.