On Sunday night, Stephanie Breinholt posted: Friends, I’d like to introduce you to our newest miracle: Hannah Kate Breinholt. Born August 31, 2:05pm, at 5lbs 1oz 18″ long, baby Hannah has the sweetest disposition. We are all in love with this tiny human, and we love her birthmother who is one of the strongest, bravest women I know. Hannah came home last night-on our anniversary. I can’t wait for you to meet her…
Leslie Odom Jr spent two hours coaching students in the MDT program on Thursday, Sept. 1, as part of his visit to campus. He was very thoughtful and constructive in his feedback, and everyone in attendance learned a lot. He also spoke about his career including some of his experience with HAMILTON. He is a genuine, thoughtful man and we really enjoyed hosting him on campus for three days. This visit came about unexpectedly.Kristin Chenoweth was originally scheduled to perform as the opening act in the BRAVO! series this season, but due to a change in a TV filming commitment, she had to reschedule for next May. Fortunately Jeff Martin (producer of the BRAVO! series) already had worked previously with Mr. Odom’s agent when he brought Sutton Foster to BYU two years ago. They were able to make things happen very quickly. Mr. Odom graciously agreed to cut short his vacation in Spain by an entire week so that he could come to Provo! We absolutely loved having him here in Provo. His concerts were enthusiastically received, especially the beautiful arrangement of “Wait For It,” which was one of his signature songs from HAMILTON on Broadway.
Several TMA faculty, students and alums were nominated for Regional Emmy’s last week. We congratulate them on their fine work. The awards ceremony will be in Phoenix on Oct. 8.
- Beehive Stories (for the 5th year in a row!), this time for the Davis County episode, directed by Kelyn Ikegami, shot and edited by Ryan Cotten, produced by Brad Barber
- We congratulate BYU-B who had many nominations that included media arts alums and/or adjunct faculty on the production teams, including Scott Swofford(currently BYU-B’s Director of Content), Diane Mayne (Studio C), Matt Meese(Studio C), Nathan D. Lee (Teen Chef Masters), Courtney Russell (American Ride and BYU Sports), Mikel Minor, Nick Dixon (Mine), and Brian Champagne.
- In the student category, That Old Familiar Spirit, directed by Hunter Phillips, was nominated in four categories.
- Long form/Fiction
- Director: Hunter Phillips
- Photographer: Jared Jakins
- Writing: Hunter Phillips