KUER-Radio is now recruiting for a full-time position: Major Gifts Manager
Job Number: 2178
Flexible schedule with most work completed during a typical Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm schedule, however evenings and some weekend hours will be required for station events and donor meetings. In-state and some out-of-state travel is required on a monthly basis.
KUER 90.1 is seeking an experienced and dynamic Manager of Major Giving with a competitive spirit and the initiative to exceed current levels of major giving. A successful candidate for this key station position must have a strong understanding of philanthropy and motivations for major giving as well as a deep passion for public radio. This person will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects of individual gifts at the mid and major giving levels for annual operations, capital expenditures, planned giving and KUER’s endowment.
• As a member of the department’s management team, work with Director of Development on monthly, annual and long-term fund development goals and plans for the station.
• Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective mid-level and major giving donors (above $1,200) and cultivate them to increase giving to major gift levels and/or planned gifts. Meet monthly goals including, but not limited to, individual visits, gift proposals, cultivation events, and monthly reports.
• Collaborate across departments on the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of mid and major donors.
• Follow all University of Utah charitable guidelines to ensure proper handling of donors.
• Assist prospective donors in their charitable gift planning and design. Present planned gift illustrations and solicit gifts.
• Direct capital campaign solicitation efforts in cooperation with Director of Development, and Community Advisory Board and its subcommittees.
• Assist in the oversight of the public phase of capital campaign/expenditures direct mailings, on-air announcements and other publicity.
• Oversee digital, web and printed communication for planned giving, capital gifts information, acknowledgements, cultivation and stewardship.
• In collaboration with the marketing department, provide input to marketing materials (web, on-air, printed materials, etc.), and strategies, including developing key educational messages identifying target audiences, and selecting donors to be profiled.
• Collaborate with KUER staff for fundraising and marketing events to steward and cultivate donors and prospects. Will also plan and execute private major donor events.
• Actively engage with KUER’s advisory board and committees.
• Act as a station representative within the community.
• Ability to travel in-state to meet with donors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines with an attention to accuracy.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Link to apply: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/78388