- Jim: (early to mid-20’s) Young man who falls deeply in love with Della. He is unselfish, devoted, and sentimental. He cherishes a watch given to him by his grandfather, which is his prized earthly possession; only Della means more to him.
- Della: (early to mid-20’s) Young woman who falls deeply in love with Jim. She is modest, cheerful, compassionate, and at times, too critical of herself. She has long, beautiful hair which she sells to buy a gift for her beloved Jim.
- Digby: (early to mid-20’s) The cavalier and playful friend of Jim. He serves as both facilitator and antagonist to Jim’s better practical self.
- Dot: (20 to 30 years of age) Sister to Della. She is loving and supportive of her sister.
- Clarice: (35 to 40 years of age) Neighbor to Della, she has a large family and depends on Della for support and understanding of her desperate situation.
- Art: (mid 20’s to 40) Jim’s co-worker; acts as a facilitator to the story.
- Bootman or woman: (mid 20’s to 60 years) Seller of shoes and boots.
- Shopgirl: (30 to 50 years) Works in a jewelry/watch shop. She is a bit bold and speaks her mind.
- Madam Vodvaskaya: (45 and older) Mature and experienced Russian woman – dramatic in her actions, bold and brash. She is a comedic character that takes herself very seriously.
- Woman: (flexible age) Small speaking part, incidental character.
- Passersby, shoppers, and Christmas choir: men and women of all vocal ranges. Must be able to sing Christmas carols in vocal parts.
Come participate in Reader’s Theatre Presentation of Coming Home ~ A Christmas Story, a heartwarming, modern day retelling of the Savior’s birth. Auditions will be held on Wednesday, October 10 at 7pm at 930 North 475 East, Orem, UT 84097. For more information, call George and Gayanne King at 801-224-0538.
Kensington Theatre Company
“So what do you say, Winnie? Do you want to live forever?” (Jesse Tuck) It’s 1893 in Treegap, New Hampshire an eleven-year-old Winnie Foster yearns for a life of adventure beyond her wrought iron fence, but not until she becomes unexpectedly entwined with the Tuck Family does she get more than she could have imagined. When Winnie learns of the magic behind the Tuck’s unending youth, she must fight to protect their secret from those who would do anything for a chance at eternal life. As her adventure unfolds, Winnie faces an extraordinary choice: return to her life, or continue with the Tucks on their infinite journey. Come join Kensington Theatre Company for their original production of the musical Tuck Everlasting! Auditions will be held on Tuesday, September 25 from 7-10pm on the beautiful new stage in the Performing Arts Building at Early Light Academy (11709 S. Vadania Dr. South Jordan, UT). Please prepare 16 bars from a musical (an accompanist will be provided). Also, please bring your Audition Form to your audition.Please sign up in advance by emailing your name, age, and time preference to email@example.com. You should receive a confirmation email with your exact audition time. For more information about this opportunity, click here.
This year’s Microburst Theatre Festival will be directed by George Nelson and performed October 18-20. Auditions will be held on Wednesday, September 5th from 5-8pm and Thursday, September 6th from 5-8pm. Call backs will be on Friday, September 7th from 5-8pm. Please come prepared with two 1-minute contrasting monologues in a contemporary style. Cold reads will be available if desired. Sign-ups are located on the Nelke callboard.
Auditions for On Pitch Performing Arts’ Forever Plaid
Directed by Alex and Candra Young.
On Pitch Performing Arts is located in Layton.
Auditions will be August 17 from 6:00-9:00 pm
Callbacks will be August 18th from 10am – 12pm.
TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION TIME: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044fa8a923a4fc1-forever
Ages 16 and up. Please come to your audition with the following:
-A song that is 16 bars (NO LONGER than 30 seconds) of a Broadway Style Musical. Please bring your music on an IPOD or Music Player. NO ACCOMPANIST Will be provided.
-A comedic monologue in the style of the show no longer than 90 seconds.
-Your suit jacket size. *PLEASE FIND OUT IF YOU AREN’T SURE*
-Headshot, please bring a picture if you don’t have a headshot
Please bring ALL conflicts! Rehearsals start August 28th and will run Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday nights and Saturday mornings.
The show opens October 25th and will run till November 3rd. (Shows on: October 25th, 26th, 27th, 29th, November 1st, 2nd, 3rd (2:00 pm), 3rd (7:30 pm).)
We may double cast depending on conflicts.
Dwight In Shining Armor
Tuesday June 19
$150.00 day (parent and baby each paid)
Need REAL, either a dad or a mom
A baby/child old enough to be in a stroller
Submit the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenneth Cope is producing the premiere cast recording of his newest musical “Son of Man” about the life of Jesus Christ. We are casting for models to portray the characters in the album art and promotional materials. We are looking for individuals who resemble the people of Jerusalem at the time of Christ, including men with long hair and beards.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
All characters should resemble the people of ancient Israel. (ie Middle Eastern/Mediterranean looking)
- Jesus: male; 30s; long hair and beard
- Young Teenage Jesus: male; 12-15 yrs old or looks it; long hair
- Young Boy Jesus: male; 3-6 yrs old; long hair
- Baby Jesus: baby with dark hair born in the first couple of weeks of June
- Young John the Beloved: male; 20s; long hair; beard optional
- Older John the Beloved: male; 50s; long hair and beard
- Older Judah (fictional character): male; 60s; long hair and beard
- Angel Gabriel: male; 30s; long hair; beard optional
- Mary Magdalene: female; early 30s; long dark hair
Application due Friday, June 15th
Shoot is 2-3 days the week of July 4th. Those cast will most likely only be needed one day.
TBD Wasatch Front; applicants must be able to work as a local
$200/day + 15% agency fee, if applicable
Follow this link to fill out an application form and submit CURRENT photos.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Midvale Main Street Theatre is excited to announce auditions for it’s upcoming fall musical, Mamma Mia! Show dates will be October 11-27, 2018. Auditions will be held on Friday, June 22, 2018 from 6-10pm at 7711 South Main Street (700 West) Midvale, Utah 84047. Please prepare 16-32 bars of music in the style of the show. Please bring music on a CD or phone/iPod. No accompanist will be available. To schedule an appointment, please sign up at the following link: here. WALK IN AUDITIONS WILL BE FIT IN DURING DOWN TIME, BUT APPOINTMENTS WILL TAKE PRIORITY. Callbacks (by invitation only): Saturday, June 23rd, 2018. 1pm.
Auditions continue for Twlefth Night and the Tempest at the Castle Theatre Festival in Provo. Auditions will be held on Wednesday, May 30 from 4-7 pm in D-341 of the HFAC. BYUTempest is a Fringe event the weekend of August 2-6 and Twelfth Night plays in repertory July 27-28, August 9-12, 14-18. Please come prepared to do readings and monologues. For more information, please contact Kathy Curtiss, (917)225-7643.