Two Theatre Job Postings
- THEATRE EDUCATION OR VISITING THEATRE EDUCATION VACANCY at BYU- Provo. Details of vacancy available here. To apply, please electronically submit the following by 1 February 2018, to the BYU employment website at http://yjobs.byu.edu, job #68088: online faculty application, letter of Intent including a statement of teaching philosophy, vitae, three professional letters of recommendation, one writing sample (such as an academic paper, play review, blog post) and one curriculum development sample (such as a unit of instruction, a study guide used in a TYA setting, or a workshop developed for an educational theatre setting). Refer questions to Tim Threlfall, Search Committee Chair (email@example.com).
- Posting for a Theatre Performance Faculty member vacancy in a K-12 private school in Honolulu, HI. “This candidates’ main duties will be to teach grades 9-12, direct, and assist the head of our department. Please post in a public area in your department, and pass along to any Masters (and even bachelor’s) students that are entering their final semester. Feel free to pass along to anyone else in your network you feel may benefit.” The posting is available here.
Department Head Job Posting at Missouri State University
Missouri State University has a posting in their College of Arts and Letters as a Department Head of Theatre and Dance. Application requirements include:
- Earned terminal degree (doctorate or 60-hour MFA) in theatre or dance
- Eligible to be tenured as a Full professor in the department of Theatre and Dance
- Significant comprehensive leadership experience, including responsibility for recruitment, evaluation of personnel, guiding curriculum development, and budgeting
- Demonstrated support of initiatives in arts education in theater and dance professions
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a diverse and collegial environment
- Success in teaching, research, and service and have excellent communication skills
- Experience with NAST, NASM, NASD accreditation
For more information and access to the application, click here.
Theatre Arts Job Posting at Azusa Pacific University
Azusa Pacifica University in Azusa, California has a posting in their Theatre Arts department as an Assistant Professor. Responsibilities include teaching acting in the BFA in Acting for the Stage and Screen and directing in the Theater Arts season. The candidate will direct one to two productions per year, teach acting within the BFA degree, and mentor diverse populations of students. Candidate may also teach directing within the department when the course is offered. Experience with both on-camera and stage directing is a plus.
For more information and access to the application, click here.
Musical Theatre Job Posting at Northwestern University
Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois has a posting in their School of Communication for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor of Musical Theatre. The successful candidate will teach courses in musical theatre, including musical
techniques (combining acting, singing, and movement coaching), auditioning, and master classes in the candidate’s specialty area; mentor undergraduate students with interests in acting, directing and/or producing; and collaboratively work within a team of faculty artists and scholars.
For more information and for access to the application, click here.
Theatre Job Posting at the University of Kansas
The University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas has a posting in their Theatre Department for an Assistant/Associate professor in Performance, specifically in acting, directing, and performance technique. Application requirements include:
- MFA or PhD in theatre, performance studies or closely-related field by start date of appointment.
- Evidence of excellence in directing for the stage.
- Demonstrated ability to teach one or more introductory and advanced acting/performance techniques at the university, college or studio level.
- Clearly articulated program of creative and/or traditional research.
- Demonstrated additional area of expertise. Examples may include, but are not limited to: non-western performance, physical theatre, devised theatre, fight choreography, voice, acting for the camera, community-based theatre, digital/media performance.
For more information and for access to an application, click here.
The THED position has been approved and is now posted on Y-Jobs. Here is a link to the posting. Feel free to share this with anyone who might be interested. If anyone has questions, please email Wade Hollingshaus and Tim Threlfall, the search committee chair.
Over 60 positions NOW HIRING both in the US and internationally. Visit socioloxy.com for complete list of job postings.
KUED-TV is now recruiting for a part-time: KUED Promotion Assistant
Job number: PRN07463N
Link to apply: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/71079
Over 100 positions NOW HIRING both in the US and internationally. Visit educaloxy.com for complete list of job postings.
3/4 Time Job Opening – Dean’s Office
We have an opening in our office for a ¾ office manager (Rosie’s position L). We would like this person to start at the end of November or beginning of December.
We have posted the position on Yjobs # 67312.
The qualifications we are looking for are as follows. If you know anyone who would be interested in this position, please let them know. In order to be fair to all applicants, we are not fielding applications, reference letters, etc. through our office—only online. Thanks for any assistance you can provide to get us a good person for the position!
- Associate’s Degree and 2+ years’ higher education secretarial experience OR 3+ years higher education and 2 years secretarial experience
- Working Experience with PC or MAC computer programs that support administrative operations in an office environment (Microsoft, university proprietary software, Adobe Acrobat and InDesign, internet, etc.)
- Established and proven clerical skills of organization, delegation, effective communication and administrative support
- Established and proven editing, writing and detail-oriented skills
- Excellent verbal and human relation skills with effective listening skills and willingness to learn
- Professional demeanor, including an ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work as a team player and independently
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years’ higher education secretarial experience
- Extensive Excel, InDesign, and proofreading knowledge and experience
Manager of Network Operations, UETN – UETN is now recruiting for a full-time position
Job Number: PRN15533B
AcademicKeys: If you know someone who needs to find a position, AcademicKeys has a number of new opportunities posted. Visit AcademicKeys.com for information on University jobs in Fine Arts, Art History, Ceramics, and Painting or Drawing. This month’s issue of AcademicKeys’ e-Flier for Fine Arts features 46 faculty openings, 8 senior administrative positions, and 2 post-doc opportunity and links to hundreds more positions in higher education.
Jobs in Academia: Find academics jobs at universities and research institutions worldwide on JobsInAcademia.eu.
Academic Careers Online: AcademicCareers.com is an academic job site where for over 10+ years universities and colleges in the US, Canada, and around the globe, advertise faculty, adjunct, and post doc, department head, and dean jobs in all areas, including Arts & Humanities. Applicants can search for current job openings, receive email alerts when matching jobs are posted, and post a resume for employers to review. To search jobs and/or open an applicant account visit www.AcademicCareers.com.
ArtSearch: Need to find positions in theatres and performing arts centers, summer festivals, universities, colleges and schools, dance companies, opera companies, symphony orchestras, museums, arts councils, and other organizations, including full-time, part-time, seasonal year-round, and internship opportunities, from entry level to upper management? We no longer provide a username and password. To access job listings, visit the ARTSEARCH website and use the code TCGUA17BYU at checkout for complimentary access to ARTSEARCH.
Other Jobs in the Performing Arts Industry (music):