The deadline to be considered for Summer 2018 is October 13, 2017.
The National Playwrights Conference is led by Artistic Director Wendy C. Goldberg. The Conference supports playwrights during the creation and development of new play projects. Authors of the selected works will be awarded a residency for the month of July 2018, including an intensive rehearsal process and two staged, script-in-hand public readings. A stipend, housing, meals, and transportation are provided for each writer selected for this month-long residency.
2018 National Playwrights Conference Submission Details
- Applicants may submit scripts through the O’Neill’s Open Submissions Process Wednesday, September 13, 2017 through Friday, October 13, 2017
- Early submissions are strongly encouraged
- Plays of any length or genre are eligible; however, to be included in the Conference, the work must remain unproduced through July 31, 2018
- No agent is required
- Both electronic and hard copy applications are accepted
- The submission fee is $35 USD and covers the costs of the process
For more information, visit theoneill.org.