The annual Traditions Ball is quickly approaching. This year, we are making history by joining together with the Harris Fine Arts Center 50th Anniversary Gala and Festival of the Arts on Friday, April 3, 2015. Tickets to the Traditions Ball and the HFAC 50th celebration are only $15 per person* and include general admission into a variety of exciting events. There is sure to be something to appeal to every BYU arts lover’s taste with:
- Dancing and floor shows at the Traditions Ball (a “blue-tie” affair)
- Performances and live music by BYU’s premier student ensembles
- Film screenings and exhibitions in multiple venues
- Light refreshments
For a complete listing of event details and to purchase your general admission for this once-in-a-lifetime event, call 801-422-2981 or click here.
*$5 discount for College of Fine Arts and Communications alumni and students
The Student Film Association is proud to announce the call for papers for its inaugural issue of the online student academic journal, Aperture. The journal publishes student scholarship in media-related fields from the Internet to cinema to video games and beyond. There will be a $500 and $300 prize for first and second place in each of the following categories:
- Academic essays between 2000 and 6000 words (called ‘Features’);
- Screenplays up to 50 pages;
- New media pieces (as defined in the call for papers) with written supplements.
For more information on each category and the submission process, visit the call for papers at film.byu.edu/aperture. The submission deadline is 3 January 2014. For updates, like the Aperture Facebook page. If you are interested in acting as a reviewer for the journal next semester, please contact Scott Raia at email@example.com.